Monday, January 21, 2013

Why We Do Things

We do things because we can.  It is as simple as that.  As soon as we give ourselves permission that something is "ok," if we desire it, we do it.  Individually and collectively, we do it.

It is now intrinsic in our societal structure to exclude in order to create our Living or Operational Reality.  In our Operation Reality, we are completely capitalistic in our structure.  And, unfortunately, most, if not all, behavior is justified, codified, regulated and manipulated to suit the Governing Norms.

The Governing Norms that makes no sense to me are those of enslavement and imprisonment -- the taking of the freedoms and liberties of another human being -- just because it can be done.  The arbitrariness of the judicial system, based on its intrinsic needs to protect itself, becomes less so when viewed from the inside.  Inside a jail cell, the system of efficiency is self-evident.

"The only thing that makes jail so different is that its unknown, until it is experienced, that is.  Each day someone new comes in (like me) and its a whole different world -- completely self-contained and dedicated to self-perpetuation.  If anyone in America still has the illusion that our jails and prisons are designed to (a) punish or (b) rehabilitate, I'm here to completely shatter that illusion.  Prisons and jails are big business and what does every business need to succeed?  Repeat customers.  Our jails are structurally and functionally designed to create and perpetuate the criminal consumer."
You see, before I experienced this, I thought we supported the judicial system in order to perpetuate a system of ethical behavior in our Living Reality.

Are not jails and our judicial system supposed to be
about creating a society of JUSTICE?
or
was it about ECONOMICS all along?

I'm not a hater.  If its about Economics, that's fine.  Just why was I told that it is about helping people, who may not have any other kind of help, become a functioning -- if not a happy and functioning -- part of our society?

Did I misunderstand my parents when they explained that to me?

Did I misunderstand the church when I learned about it there?

Did I miss something completely?

I thought we wanted everyone happy and functioning in our society.  

Help.  Very dizzy and confused right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment